From January 2013, the new National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) commenced operations as an independent body responsible for regulating all vehicles in Australia over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass.
Based in Queensland, the NHVR will minimise the compliance burden on the heavy vehicle transport industry, reduce duplication and inconsistencies across state and territory borders, and ultimately introduce a one-stop-shop for heavy vehicle business with government in Australia.
The NHVR is seeking staff who:
• Are committed to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers, partners, and stakeholders;
• Take a holistic approach to meeting their objectives;
• Can deal with ambiguity and challenging deadlines;
• Are innovative in addressing day-to-day challenges; and,
• Support their colleagues and strive to build a great working environment.
A copy of the position description can be found on the NHVR website at https://www.nhvr.gov.au/about-us/career-opportunities/current-vacancies