University Services Operations, University Services
Salary: $93,052 – $100,717 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Senior Research & Business Strategy Adviser is a member of the US Operations Team which supports the governance, planning and administration of University Services, with particular support for the US Executive Leadership team.
About the role
The Senior Research and Business Strategy Adviser will provide high-level support to the University Services Leadership Team and will assist with the efficient running of University Services by providing policy and protocol advice, undertake analysis, prepare high level reports, correspondence, briefing notes and presentations on issues that cut across University Services portfolios, Academic Divisions and Chancellery.
– Tertiary qualified
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated capacity to prepare high quality reports, correspondence, documentation and presentations
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teams and form strong and supportive relationships across different work groups
– Demonstrated capacity to exercise initiative and strong judgement, operating with a high degree of professional autonomy
– Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
– Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
– Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
– The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
– A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 10 Feb 2016
Position Description & Selection Criteria