At Damco Distribution Services we are experts at warehousing, distribution, and transportation.
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how it got to your local retailer? Or, what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway? At Damco Distribution Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the deconsolidation and movement of freight across all of US and Canada every single day.
Working as an independent business unit, Damco Distribution Services is part of the Maersk group of companies. It is financially affiliated to one of the world’s largest and most respected transportation and logistics organizations. Formerly known as Maersk Distribution, Damco Distribution has provided customized distribution solutions for over 25 years. Each client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client’s business more flexible. Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada, with a workforce of some 650 employees. Services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, DC bypass, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation. The company stands by its brand attributes of: Passion for Customers, Dedication to Service Delivery, Differentiation and Energized People.
Working at Damco Distribution Services brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, enthusiastic, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their career. You bring your hands-on work ethic, positive attitude and strong leadership skills. We provide you with a range of unique opportunities from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development in one of the world’s leading logistics companies which is part of a Fortune 500 global organization.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages which include but are not limited to:
• A competitive salary
• A comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• A 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And More
The Transportation Coordinator will gather and organize the daily work orders for the transportation dept. Working in concert with the dispatch team, this role will ensure the timely delivery and return of all containers and trailers. Will work with all members of the transportation team and warehouse complex to ensure all internal and external needs are met while delivering the highest level of customer service. The position will monitor KPI’s for transportation.
• Communicates daily with Customers, Contract Drivers, Rail yard Personnel, and internal service representatives
• Support safety requirements for transportation.
• Records and audits all documents for equipment tracking
• Develops and maintains a positive working rapport with customers & transportation partners.
• Process and complete all documentation assigned in a timely manner
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Collects and organizes daily delivery orders. Works closely with dispatch to ensure all deliveries are met in a timely manner.
• Works with settlement team to submit all billing in a timely manner.
• Assists personnel to handle day-to-day work when the department is short handed
• Supports the company’s commitment to Integrated Management Systems (IMS) certifications.
• Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bilingual Preferred (English/Spanish)
• Type 30 wpm
• 10 key touch
• Minimum 2 years transportation planning experience preferred
• Ability to multi-task
• Organizational skills, meticulous flow-through skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends may be required
• Must be assertive self-starter
Please click here to Apply Online