Part-time (0.6FTE) fixed-term position (until June 2016)
Based in Richmond
Competitive remuneration package including Salary Packaging options.
The Australian Community Organisation (ACSO) is a non-government, not for profit agency which provides accommodation, support, assessment and treatment services for people who are experiencing significant disadvantage.
The Groups Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the development, operation and expansion of group programs delivered in the ACSO Connect division, which are currently the PUMP (Participate, Understand, Motivate and Persevere) program and Safe Driving Program groups.
All applicants must hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence and will be subject to a National Police History Check and Working with Children Check
1. Relevant tertiary qualification, or working towards/commitment to undertake a relevant qualification, and/or a combination of training and substantial experience in the delivery of client services
Knowledge and Skills:
2. Demonstrated experience in facilitating behaviour change groups and knowledge of the dual diagnosis environment.
3. Well-developed clinical, organisational, interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and and negotiation skills.
An understanding of confidentiality and current privacy legislation.
Ability to represent the project as required and to liaise, communicate and negotiate with a range of alcohol and other drug, mental health, and other stakeholders.
Demonstrated experience with word processing and in developing behaviour change groups, utilising best practice principles.
7. Experience in both mental health, and drug and treatment services
8. An understanding of and commitment to current drug and alcohol treatment approaches
9. A knowledge of issues and policy directions relating to alcohol and drug treatment and mental health at a State and Commonwealth level
10. Familiarity with the client group and knowledge of the forensic system
11. Experience in research or evaluation projects
For more information on the role and key selection criteria please download the position description at: http://www.acso.org.au/work-us/groups-coordinator/
To apply, please submit your, resume and selection criteria responses by 12pm Monday 11th January 2016.